Monday, August 13, 2007

Pretty Good Waffles

I'm still in search of the perfect waffle recipe. Or, rather, I haven't found the perfect one and am only passively waiting for it to come to me. But in the meantime, I've got this pretty good one. The kids like them. They're not too fussy. So when I make homemade waffles, at this time, this is what I make.



Classic Waffles

ingredients:
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp baking powder
4 Tbsp white sugar
4 eggs
3 cups warm milk (I use rice milk)
2/3 cup of butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract

directions:

1. In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar

2. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature

3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, then stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla

4. Pour milk mixture into the flour mixture, beat until blended ~ dilute with a half cup more milk of batter is too thick.

5. Lightly oil waffle iron plates - I use vegetable oil and a pastry brush

6. Pour batter into preheated waffle iron. Cook until waffles are golden and crisp. Serve immediately.

My waffle iron has an indicator when it's up to temp and when the waffle is supposedly ready. It takes about 6 minutes on mine, per waffle-batch.

My waffle maker does a square of 4 waffles, and this recipe makes 7-8 of those, so about 30 waffles. They freeze and toast-to-reheat well.

1 comment:

Moose said...

MMmmmm they look great im gonna try em soon