Saturday, August 18, 2007

Almost Forgotten Peanut Butter Pancakes

dillsmom asked about these pancakes. I thought I'd posted them, but apparently not.

So here's the recipe! ...

Almost Forgotten Peanut Butter Pancakes



INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 egg

PREPARATION:
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

Beat the egg.
Add milk and peanut butter to egg and beat until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients and beat just until well moistened.
Butter a pan or griddle or use non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium-high.
Spoon by quarter cupfuls into your pan or griddle.
Cook until brown on both sides.

These were good. The kids liked them. They weren't as puffy as my other pancakes, I'll have to research why. Someday. Not today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmm; maybe that should be buttermilk- maybe buttermilk powder and water- maybe no acid, no height. I don't want to say check your baking powder, because I keep mine around a long time and it works, but for some reason that's what people suggest. when I make these I'll let you now if they puffed.