Monday, July 23, 2007

Cucumber Salsa

I had cucumber salsa at a restaurant long ago. Couldn't find a recipe so I make it up, different, every time. If you don't have something, subsitute. I'll work. Trust your taste and intuition.



3 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded & diced
some red onion
a lot of garlic, minced
some cute little hot red peppers from Poppie's garden, minced - only I used some hot light green somethings this time ...
a large splash of lemon juice
ground cumin
some fresh cilantro if you like it, or dried if you don't have fresh (I know, I know, sorry food snobs)
a sprinkle of salt

serve with chips, lime chips are good. and pictured here.

or serve over corn

or serve with Linda's Rice Dish which I'll post some other day.

1 comment:

Oh hello there said...

Mmmmm
looks YUMMY!